Friday, April 9, 2010

My Dad's mother, Alcenia Laws Jenkins, teaches BEAUTY!

In this picture is my dad's mother, Alcenia Laws Jenkins (in black robe). She sits here with my mother, Rutha Mae and a great,grandson, Nathan. As you can see, she was a lady of beauty and poise. She believed in elegance and genteel-ness. At her house, we had tea parties, with real English tea cups. We formally set the table for meals and practiced acting like "proper" ladies and gentlemen. She taught me respectability. GRANDMOTHERS TEACH GRANDCHILDREN HOW TO ACT! She reminded me, that as the oldest, I was responsible for being a role model for my brothers and sisters. As a grandmother, I strive to still be a role model for my children and grandchildren. I am not sure I have the beauty and genteel thing down, but I try never to be an embarrassment to them. I try always to encourage them to surround themselves with love. GRANDMOTHERS TEACH SELF LOVE AND SELF RESPECT! I LOVE MY GRANDCHILDREN!

No comments: